|Awards||India Bus Safety Awards|
|Awards Management||Bus Alliance India Pvt Ltd|
|Process advisors and Official tabulators||Ernst & Young LLP (EY)|
|Jury||A group of persons appointed by Awards Management to shortlist the nominees and determine winners|
|Participant||Any eligible organization / individual who sends in an application to participate in the awards as per the rules, or is selected/nominated for participation under these rules by logging on the website and registering for the Awards or sending in hard copies to official address|
|Terms and conditions (“T&C” or “Terms”)||These terms governing the Awards, as may be amended from time to time|
- These Terms, Conditions and Guidelines are applicable to and govern the “India Bus Safety Awards 2018” organized and conducted by Bus Alliance India Pvt Ltd
- By participating in the Awards, Participant agrees to abide by and be bound by these Terms.
- These Terms may be modified without any prior notification. Participant is advised to regularly review these Terms. If there is any disagreement with any of the Terms and any amendments thereto, Participant must not participate in the Awards
To recognize, honor and showcase the achievers amongst the bus transport industry in India
- All companies / individuals in the field of road transportation, Bus Manufacturers, Bus Body Builders can participate in this Award
- Entities should be transporters of people, bus body builders for Bus categories
- Only companies / organizations from the above meintioned entities can participate for the Awards
- If the entity has multiple offices, the entry should be entered only from head office
- The innovation should have been implemented between March 1, 2017 and February 28, 2018.
- Entities should be transporters of people for Bus categories
- The following entities are eligible to participate:
- State transport undertakings
- Private fleet operators
- The innovation / initiative can be in the product / service / project / process / procedure / methodology
- The innovation must be already implemented and should not be in a planning or conceptualizing stage
- The innovation must be implemented in the Indian operations of the participant
- The innovation nominated/applied must be developed within the participating Organization. An Organization cannot participate on behalf of its subsidiary, other units; parent Organization or other Organization under the parent Organization.
- Employees and immediate family members of award management, sponsors and partners of the awards are not allowed to participate in the Awards
- The final eligibility of the Participant will be subject to the discretion and approval of Jury
Awards are determined on National and Regional level. Listed below are the regions and the states:
|East||Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Orissa, Sikkim, Tripura and West Bengal|
|West||Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat & Maharashtra|
|North||Bihar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh and Uttaranchal|
|South||Andaman & Nicobar, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Pondicherry and Tamil Nadu|
|Excellence in Bus safety measures - PVT (4 Zones + Pan India)||To recognize safety initiatives implemented by the private bus operator in the bus transport industry. The initiatives could include any tests carried out for bus body, safety services provided for customers, employees and others.|
|Excellence in Bus safety measures - STU & CTU||To recognize safety initiatives implemented by the state/city transport undertakings in the bus transport industry. The initiatives could include any tests carried out for bus body, safety services provided for customers, employees and others.|
|Excellence in Bus safety measures in School Transport - PAN India (PVT)||To recognize safety initiatives implemented by the private school bus operator in the bus transport industry. The initiatives could include any tests carried out for bus body, safety services provided for customers, employees and others.|
|Excellence in Bus safety measures in Corporate Transport - PAN India (PVT)||To recognize safety initiatives implemented by the private corporate bus operator in the bus transport industry. The initiatives could include any tests carried out for bus body, safety services provided for customers, employees and others.|
- The Award categories may be changed / modified / split / merged / increased or cancelled by the Jury based on the number and quality of entries received in each category
- In the event that no Participant in a category are found to be worthy of inclusion by the Jury, the Award category may be cancelled by the Jury. The Jury may decide to add nominees in the category to maintain high standards of participation. The decision of the Jury in this regard will be final and non-contestable. The Awards management will not entertain any queries in this regard
- The call for entries for the Awards will be announced in one or more media platforms and / or by direct communication with potential Participants, and that shall be construed to be adequate notice for call for entries
- Participant can apply for the Awards by submitting the form online ( www.indiabussafetyawards.com) or mailing the hard copy to the (address). No other medium will be accepted.
- An entity can participate in more than one award category, or participate more than once in an award category, but a separate application form will be required for each category
- If separate Application Forms are received for the same award category, from different individuals / organizations, such entries will be treated as one Entry
- Each Application Form can be used only for a single entry in a particular category. If additional Application Forms are required, a photocopy of the Application Form can be taken or downloaded from the website www.indiabussafetyawards.com by following the instructions mentioned on the website
- Awards Management has the right to reclassify an application received into another award category at its discretion
- Last date for receiving completed application forms is 6:00 pm on 30th April 2018
- Efforts will be made to adhere to the defined timelines. However, the defined timelines are subject to change based on circumstances.
- All entries must be submitted online or reach the address mentioned in the Application Form, during working hours, by the date specified in the application form.
- Receipt of Application Forms after last date of receipt specified will not be accepted. It may be permitted only at the discretion of the Award Management
- Awards Management will not be responsible for application forms that are damaged / lost due to lack or lapse in any communication on account of internet or postal failure
- Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Terms and conditions stated herein
- All sections of the application form are mandatory
- All mandatory fields of the application form needs to be complete in all respects; else it may be disqualified from participation. Once completed, the form needs to be signed by a authorized signatory from the participant organization (from amongst the MD, CEO, COO, CFO, Chairman, Directors)
- Entries will be accepted in English language only
- The details in the form should be typed or handwritten clearly
- Participant need to select the relevant Award category in which they need to apply
- Participant need to accept the terms and conditions at the end of the application form to submit their entry.
- Participants can upload or send up to three supporting documents (screenshots, photographs, references, project plan, demos etc.) in the “Attachments” section (Maximum size that can be uploaded is 5MB)
- Disqualification of entries is at the sole discretion of the Jury, on a case by case basis
- If at any time, during the Awards process or post the Awards, any information provided by any Participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, the Participant will be disqualified from the Awards
- Participants may be contacted for any additional information or / and conduct field visit to verify the information provided. Such information sourced from the Participants will become part of the original application.
- Awards Management has the right to ask for documentary proof of information. If such a request is made and the Participant does not comply within 3 working days from the date the request is made, the Participant may be disqualified from participation in the Awards
- Information provided by the Participant will be confidential and will be used only for the limited purpose of evaluating the Participant’s entry to these Awards.
- Awards Management or team appointed by Awards Management will try to contact the Participant on best effort basis by any means deemed appropriate.
- In the event it is not possible to contact any Participant to obtain information on them, interview them, etc. such Participant may be disqualified from further participation
- The participant hereby irrevocably authorizes the Awards Management to use the data gathered during and/or the Awards in respect of the participants. This shall be the property of Abhibus and Abhibus shall be entitled to use the same in its communications including marketing promotions and advertisements along with/without Abhibus brand.
- Awards Management shall not be liable in any manner for any mishap, accident, injury or damages etc. of whatsoever nature, caused to the participants during the Awards. Further, Awards Management shall not be liable in any manner for any loss, damage, theft, or any other mishap caused during the Awards.
- Application Forms received would be collated under each award category for evaluation by Awards Management
- Determination of the Award category to which an application belongs is at the discretion of Awards Management. Awards Management reserves the right to make the final judgment in case of any ambiguity in Terms and conditions / disputes over suitability
- The initial screening Jury will select finalists per Award category based on pre-defined evaluation parameters who will qualify for the final round
- Short-listed participants will be contacted by ABHIBUS to inform them of their shortlisting. Post shortlisting, the shortlisted entries will be provided with the date, venue and presentation format in which they would be required to present their application and case study to the final Jury.
- In the event no Application forms in a category are found to be worthy of inclusion in the Awards, the Award category will be cancelled The decision of the above short-listing is binding and final on all participants
- The final jury will determine winners based on predefined evaluation parameters, based on the application form / presentation submitted by them and a presentation made by the Nominee in person
- Only heads of short-listed organization participants would be required to make the presentation in front of final Jury comprising eminent persons from the industry and related fields, for determination of winners. The cost of travel incurred by participants, if any, would need to be borne by the participant.
- There could be one or more winners in each award category, at the discretion of the final jury
- The determination of who should receive an award for any award category rests with the final jury. The jury’s decision is final and binding on all nominees
- The jury may also decide, in order to maintain high standards of these awards, that there could be no winner in a particular category
- The Awards Management and Jury shall maintain confidential any and all information pertaining to the Applications / Nominees / Winners and will take same degree of care as each of them uses to protect his / her own confidential information of a similar nature, but no less than reasonable care, to prevent the unauthorized use, dissemination or publication of confidential information.
- Decision of Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all Participants and Nominees and no correspondence will be entertained on the same
- Awards Management reserves the right to make the final judgement in case of any ambiguity in Rules and Regulations / disputes over suitability of an entry for participation
- Nominees and Winners permit free of cost the use of their name and factual information about their application and entry(s) in the public media (for the build-up to the Awards, during the Awards ceremony, etc) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Awards, if any
- The process is not subject to review of any participant. Award Management will not entertain any communication in this regard from any participant
- Abhibus and its contractors and affiliates will not be liable for any claims / disputes made by the Participant or Nominee in relation to the Awards
- The Awards Management and its contractors cannot and shall not be accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards. The Company and its contractors cannot be held responsible for matters out of its control and for force majeure reasons.
- Additions, deletions and / or modifications to these Rules and Regulations are at the discretion of the Awards Management and the Awards Management may make such additions / deletions and / or modifications, at any time, prospectively or retrospectively
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai, India
- The Participants and Nominees agree that they shall hold harmless the Awards Management, its employees, officers, contractors or other persons and shall defend them against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability arising out of or in connection with any or all claims whether or not groundless, that may be brought against the Awards Management by any third party in connection with the Participant’s participation in or winning the Award.
- All Awards are only for recognition of an initiative and not for certification or rating of the process, methodology adopted by an Organization. The winner Organization shall be recognized only for the product / service/ innovation/ initiative enrolled for the awards and not for overall performance of the organization.
- Awards Management reserves the right to withdraw or amend the terms of the Awards at any time, with retrospective effect, and does not take the responsibility for any loss or damage that any person / organization / Participant / Nominee may suffer as a result of the Awards being withdrawn or its terms amended
- Application to the Awards will be construed as an acceptance of the rules and regulations stated herein and the Application Form signed by the Participants would signify their acceptance of these Rules and Regulations.
- If Participants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the Awards or experience difficulties of any kind, they can write in their questions, problems or queries to the following address. Award management will try their best to respond to the queries.